The castle of Belforte all'Isauro is located in the upper Foglia valley, on the border with Tuscany, on a spur of rock between the Isauro and Fossato streams. Originally belonging to the ancient parish church of San Lorenzo in Foglia (eighth century), in medieval times Castrum Belli Fortis became part of the possessions of Massa Trabaria and then definitively passed between the domains of the Church around the century XIV. After a brief Malatesta domination, Belforte all'Isauro was assigned to the Counts of Montefeltro until the devolution to the Duchy of Urbino which took place around the century. XVII.
To be seen
The fortress of Belforte all'Isauro is accessed through a splendid fifteenth-century portal, via a narrow bridge that separates the historic center from the new part. Although the origins of the castle date back to the century. VI-VII, the windows and large arches (onto which suggestive views open up) are the result of the reconstruction commissioned by Federico da Montefeltro and entrusted to Francesco di Giorgio Martini in the fifteenth century. In 1874 it was bought by the Baron of Beaufort Hermann de Tenneret and then donated to the Municipality, on condition that educational projects were developed inside. Since 1996 it has been the seat of the "Giacomo Leopardi" School of Italian language and culture for foreigners. At the entrance to Belforte all'Isauro, we find the Parish Church of San Lorenzo (8th century) inside which a canvas depicting "St. Francis stigmatized" of the Baroque school and a crucifix believed to be miraculous. Also worthy of note is the sixteenth-century village built at the confluence of the two rivers. 11 km from Belforte, already in the Tuscan territory, the small village of Sestino is worth a visit, where an interesting Romanesque church of the . XII. Among the events we remember the Honey and Autumn Products Market Show (early October) and the Hill Festival (10 - 15 August).